Need to know How to pay BCBS of Texas Insurance?
They now have four very convenient ways to make your payment now. You choose which one works best for you.
Regardless of what method you choose, each month you will receive a bill for your premium. You must make a payment in order to use your insurance. If your payment is not current, your coverage may be denied at the doctor. Your first premium must be paid before you can start using your benefits.
Pay your premium by mail with a personal check, cashier’s check or money order. To do so, be sure you:
- Make the check payable to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.
- Write your account/member ID number on your check, cashier’s check or money order.
- Include the payment coupon that was sent to you with your bill.
- Send your payment at least 5 business days in advance of the payment due date to ensure timely posting to your account.
- Mail your payment to the address on your bill.
- Call the OrbiPay®* payment line toll-free at 844-642-9414. Please have your member ID number, bank routing number and bank account number ready.
- Make a one-time payment by bank draft through the OrbiPay’s secure website .
- Set up recurring electronic funds transfer (EFT) by calling Customer Service toll free at 888-697-0683.
- Bring a copy of your bill, which includes your member ID number and your “receive code,” to any of theMoneyGram® locations near you (including most Walmart, ACE Cash Express and CVS stores) to pay with cash . MoneyGram locations in Walmart and Albertsons stores also take debit card payments.
Credit or Debit Card
- Make a one-time payment over the phone by calling the BillMatrix† Automated Payment Center at 866-654-8569 and enter the necessary information when prompted to make your payment. You will need your 9-digit Member ID number found on your ID card.
- Log in to your Blue Access for Members account and look for the Billing and Payments section. Click the Pay with Credit Card button to be redirected to a secure website for submitting payment by card.
† BillMatrix is the secure payment processing system offered by Fiserv. BCBSTX has contracted with Fiserv to process payments with debit, credit and pre-paid debit cards.
**NOTE: If you have already enrolled for coverage beginning January 1, 2016, you have until January 31, 2016 to make your first payment before your policy is cancelled. You will not be able to use your coverage until your first payment is posted.